||Community Mobilizing Coordinator
||Active Lifestyles Coordinator
Meet Our Staff
Ned Barrett, Partnership Coordinator
Ned came to Partners for Active Living after two years at Upstate Forever, where he worked on land use planning initiatives throughout the Upstate. He lives in Spartanburg with his wife Christy and two children, Lydia and Quinn, three cats and a dog.
Professional involvement and personal interests:
- Board member, Spartanburg Area Conservancy
- Member, Eat Smart Move More SC Local Action Committee
- Member, Hub-Bub Advisory Board
- Contributing writer, Outdoor Adventures in the Upcountry (Hub City Press)
- Active trail runner
Miguel Espina, Bicycle Mechanic
Bicycle mechanic Miguel Espina plays a critical role in the sustainability of the Hub Cycle lending program. He has more than 20 years as a professional bike mechanic and bike store manager.
To see an interview with Miguel, click here.
Michelle Child, Americorps VISTA
Michelle joined the Partners for Active Living staff in August 2011. Michelle graduated from Western Kentucky University in May 2012 with a degree in Public Relations and French. As PAL's Americorps VISTA , Michelle aims to increase capacity for serving low-income residents through community health initiatives. A healthy living and adventure enthusiast, Michelle already feels at home in the wonderful Spartanburg community.
Rebecca Parrish, Community Mobilizing Coordinator
After a year of working in development in Charlotte, North Carolina, Rebecca has boomeranged back to her beloved Spartanburg where she previously worked in non-profit administration at AccessHealth Spartanburg and the Preservation Trust of Spartanburg. Happy to be back in the ‘Burg, Rebecca and her husband, Remsen, share their love of community, being outdoors, food, sports, and all things Wofford, with their five year old son and two dogs.
Anne Piacentino, Active Lifestyles Coordinator
Anne Piacentino joined the Partners for Active Living staff in May of 2010. Anne graduated from Clemson University with a degree in Health Science and has gained experience through health event planning, community based health initiatives and health education. Anne is a native of the Northshore of Boston, Massachusetts and currently lives in Duncan with her husband John.
- Freewheelers of Spartanburg Board, Director of Public Relations, PAL Liaison
- Mayors of Spartanburg Committee For People with Disabilities, Community Input Committee Chair
- Safe Kids of Spartanburg
- Spartanburg Youth Council
- Young Leaders Society, Board Member
- Spartanburg Young Professionals
Laura Ringo, Executive Director
As an East Tennessee native, Laura Ringo started her nonprofit career in fundraising and special events at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital. Laura moved to Spartanburg in August 2005 after marrying her husband Will, who works for Milliken. It has not taken long for the Upstate to feel like home for her, as she attended Furman University in Greenville for four years. Laura graduated in 2002 with a degree in history and an emphasis in Latin American studies.
- Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System Women’s Health Advisory Board
- South Carolina Safe Routes to School Instructor
- SPATS Enhancement Committee
- Presenter: ProWalk, Pro Bike, 2010
- Presenter: SCDOT Partnering Conference, 2007
- Mayor’s Committee for People with Disabilities